AIB The Appeals Panel rejected my appeal today! But AIB has provided €300m?

Emlyn C

I just received a pack today saying that my appeal has been unsuccessful and that the compensation already received was adequate.
Am I right to assume that once the decesion is finalised and public that it will spersede the BDO/Independent panel decision?

I just received a pack today saying that my appeal has been unsuccessful

That is so funny.

You don't need to worry about the fact that the Appeals Panel rejected your appeal.

They also rejected the appeal of the borrower whose complaint was upheld by the Ombudsman.

Brendan

I wonder how they will play the decisions they now work through? Will they bury their heads in the sand and deliver the same stupid decision? Or will they do a 180.

I hope they are held to account in this.

Niall Brady covers it in today's Sunday Times.

Customers turned for clarification to websites such as Askaboutmoney.com, which has campaigned on their behalf.

“The appeals panel is independent of AIB and has committed to respond to customer appeals,” the bank said. The panel is comprised of accountants from Mazars, lawyers from DAC Beachcroft, and consumer representatives including journalist Kevin Rafter, the chairman of the Arts Council.

It's really does bring into question the independence and expertise of all panels.

Hi Trackman
It shows that they are independent.

They probably have not been shown the Ombudsman's decision and so are carrying on regardless.

Brendan

To be fair, im assuming the panel are simply (and correctly) ignoring the ombudsman’s decision and carrying on up until AIB formally accept the decision.

Back