The amount of compensation is a disgrace!

Sarenco,

Exactly " could " means a possibility.

In relation to your post on the law and contract and law of tort, you are creating more smoke and mirrors for readers, again, as you know ,both run parallel to each other. Tort can be found in statutory and common law. There is a tort for duty of care.

In tort law, a duty of care is a legal obligation which is imposed on an individual requiring adherence to a standard of reasonable care while performing any acts that could foreseeably harm others. Did PTSB show such a duty of care when taking possession of customers homes, I think not.!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, totally agree with you, but the poster Sarenco would attempt to argue black is white. Hope my posts in relation to the thread content are somewhat helpful.

This thread is about the appropriateness or otherwise of the compensation being offered under the PTSB redress scheme.

Posts about the parallel universe of mortgage fraud and possible damages awards for breaches of contract or tortious acts (imagined or otherwise) are not relevant.

Of course the posts are relevant in the fact that borrowers affected by this PTSB debacle can decide to accept the lowball offer from PTSB or seek compensation through the courts. That is what the thread is all about ( damages awarded through the courts is a possible avenue open to borrowers who find PTSB offer of compensation to be inadequate ). Very relevant in my opinion.

Sarenco,

It's is an open forum and people are allowed different views; do you agree or disagree ?

Hi all, hopefully this is the correct place to ask the following..
Some years ago I managed to get my tracker back from ptsb.( long story,but massive amount of hassle ,time,stress ,involved ). They did pay me the difference in what I should have been paying etc.
However, at the time ,I asked about compensation for stress,inconvience etc,and it was an definite NO.
Now I see ( I stand to be corrected) that they are now offering this type of compensation .
I did write to the ombudsman,suggesting that although they refused mine, that the ombudsmen should look into the fact that people should be compensated.
I'm wondering if I now have any chance of getting some compensation,due to the fact that they now recognise that people deserve and are entitled to it?
I still reel at the cost of the rates at that time with ptsb constantly going up,and paying 1 k above what my tracker would be,it was such a horrible time and only that I really pushed the tracker issue( they had refused putting me back on it more than once)I'd have have never got it back.
Thanks for any input/ advice

Hi all, hopefully this is the correct place to ask the following..
Some years ago I managed to get my tracker back from ptsb.( long story,but massive amount of hassle ,time,stress ,involved ). They did pay me the difference in what I should have been paying etc.
However, at the time ,I asked about compensation for stress,inconvience etc,and it was an definite NO.
Now I see ( I stand to be corrected) that they are now offering this type of compensation .
I did write to the ombudsman,suggesting that although they refused mine, that the ombudsmen should look into the fact that people should be compensated.
I'm wondering if I now have any chance of getting some compensation,due to the fact that they now recognise that people deserve and are entitled to it?
I still reel at the cost of the rates at that time with ptsb constantly going up,and paying 1 k above what my tracker would be,it was such a horrible time and only that I really pushed the tracker issue( they had refused putting me back on it more than once)I'd have have never got it back.
Thanks for any input/ advice
Penny, can you elaborate on your case to getting the tracker back. Did you fix and break or did you fixed and choose SVR instead of tracker etc.

Hi. I had tracker,then onto fixed then they wouldn't give me tracker back so went on to SVR.
Requested several times to go back to tracker, refused several times by letter.
Took about 13 months for them to admit they'd made a mistake and I should have been on a tracker.
They paid the difference,and associated costs,as I was forced to move lender,because the PTSB SVR was getting out of control.( 1k over what I should have been paying).They did try to say that as I'd moved lender they would just send me a cheque for the interest balance..Needless to say I didn't accept that!
I was one of the first if not the only one this happened too.
Only those who have gone through the amount of stress and hassle can understand how difficult this all was.
Looking at the present redress,I'm not convinced that I'm got all that I was entitled too.
And like I said I asked for compensation and was told no ,I asked them to confirm that they were refusing it.Now t seems they are going compensate?
Hope that helps.

Back