The 55% top rate over 100k for self employed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicklesilver

Is it no about time all tax payers paid the same top marginal rate. There are employees earning double what self employed people are and paying a lower rate.

I strongly agree with you - there is no justification whatsoever for the 3% surcharge imposed on non-PAYE income over €100k.

Oh there is; we need to tax "the rich" because they are all greedy bad people. Taxing "the rich" is the solution to everything. Have you not being paying attention?

It punishes entrepreneurial people who set up businesses/employ people/generate VAT & pay all the taxes associates with being an employer and in return they have restricted access to social welfare and pay higher tax. Meanwhile the multinationals have tax breaks coming out their back sides

It punishes entrepreneurial people who set up businesses/employ people/generate VAT & pay all the taxes associates with being an employer and in return they have restricted access to social welfare and pay higher tax. Meanwhile the multinationals have tax breaks coming out their back sides
Yes, but people who work hard and employ other people are actually the "Employer Class" and all employment is exploitation (as TD Clare Daly said).

Yes, but people who work hard and employ other people are actually the "Employer Class" and all employment is exploitation (as TD Clare Daly said).

What a ridiculous comment to make from her. A family member is a partner in a small company that employs 6 people. Throughout the lean years no jobs were lost but things were certainly on the brink. They have gone above and beyond to ensure steady employment for their employees to their own determent. To know all the while that if things went belly up there would be on financial support available to them really is quite depressing.

The group of self employed people who do earn €100k + will ultimately not be very vocal as they know that they will get little to no sympathy. The media would paint them as greedy employers looking to squeeze out every penny to line their pockets when all they want is equal treatment.

I don't have any time for Clare Daly
But one thing I do know the The Self Employed who pay the top rate of 55 % on income over 100K cannot blame Clare Daly , The people to blame are the real Loony Left the people they Self Employed vote for and contribute money to are the same people who are taxing them 55 % in the Euro over 100 K,

The point is why doesn’t everyone pay it, just the self employed. Why don’t the government ministers pay it, the bank ceo’s, the Plc ceo’s.
Because the people the self employed support are the Real Clare Daly's IE the real Loony Left ,

The point is why doesn’t everyone pay it, just the self employed. Why don’t the government ministers pay it, the bank ceo’s, the Plc ceo’s.

I don't have the exact quote but I remember one person justifying the logic behind it with the following- (paraphrasing) it is to capture the tax not paid on undeclared cash payments, exaggerated expenses and non business expenses being run through a company. Now obviously this is completely nonsensical explanation to a higher tax rate but it highlights the general feeling towards the self employed high earners from some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back