Thats it! I've had it with Eircom!

I

IanL

I recently switched back to Eircom following one of their folks calling me to rejoin. I rang up to query why my bill was just under double what it normally is to hear this new answering machine system they have...This thing has to be heard to be believed! It is the most annoying, tedious, frustrating procedure I have yet come across.

I want to change to one of the alternative providers, any recommendations or posts you could refer me to?

Many thanks.

Tele 2

I got a cold call by phone the other day from Tele 2 infrming me about their call rates which they said was lower than eircom's.

Anyone got a view on this newcomer to the phone market?

Eircon

I an always saddened when I hear of another eircon victim, but rejoice with your determination to move.

The UTV 'Talk is Free' service (free local and national calls evenings and weekends) seems good. It also offers single billing.

re

why oh why are people still being ripped off (obviously a part what can't be avoided) by eircon,i stand to be corrected but when are they the better option for any consumer?
i myself am with euphony and am delighted with their service/rates, but theres lots of other competitors out there.
personally i won't even have give them my business as a non-paying email consumer , because of the contempt they show to the sewed Irish market they were blessed with.
long and short they're laughing at us with their poxy rates and crappy service, but there ya have "rip off ireland" we've no one else to blame but ourselves .
final end of rant is to think that some people still pay a "handset rental" to the gangsters is beyond belief , but there ya have it

re

When you look at what has happened to Eircom over the last few years, it is easy to see what they are up to:

1. Sell to Irish Public
2. Tony O'Reilly buys deflated shares from Public (I was reluctant to sell but had no choice)
3. Eircom trims deadweight and returns to profit (as they have a monopoly.
4. Competition improves
5. Tony O Reilly sees this and says "that's it I'm off" and refloats the company back to the market

I personally think Eircom's days are numbered, and then what will the elderly who live remotely so when the Esat BT's deem it unviable to supply them with a service, sure can;t they use a mobile!

Well done Ms Harney!

Back