Text to win o2 freebies

Janet

Not sure if this has been posted above already. Late last night I received a text purporting to be from 02 - a check out 02.upgradesfreebies.com for fabulous stuff type text (it came from an 086 number but in the message inbox view that just showed as ...). I do have an 086 number but ported to Vodafone about six years ago. I checked my credit and only had 19 euro left - a week ago I had 31 euro and I can't remember having used my phone much since then (since I'm abroad I usually only use it to receive calls). Is it possible for credit to be used up just by receiving a text?

Last edited:
Answering my own question by googling some more, it seems like it might be a phishing scam - will contact 02 with the details.

Not sure if this has been posted above already. Late last night I received a text purporting to be from 02 - a check out 02.upgradesfreebies.com for fabulous stuff type text (it came from an 086 number but in the message inbox view that just showed as ...). I do have an 086 number but ported to Vodafone about six years ago. I checked my credit and only had 19 euro left - a week ago I had 31 euro and I can't remember having used my phone much since then (since I'm abroad I usually only use it to receive calls). Is it possible for credit to be used up just by receiving a text?

I just received a text with the same link, Janet. I contacted o2 to tell them and they seemed unaware of it, but grateful that I did.

I'm not an o2 customer either, so it's immediately suspicious.

I'm not sure if my credit has been taken though - I did not click on the link so I hope it'll be okay :(

I got this from 50021, saying they had added my registration credit, I change to Vodafone months ago, I do not understand this

Back