Tether and Bitcoin

Bitcoin devs are still at work, still contributing and adding features to the code.
While Ethereum was the first to market "smart contacts"; they are also possible in bitcoin, just harder to code.
Bitcoin has a built-in scripting language that has hardly been touched as yet.

Hopefully Bitcoin will recede from the mass media's attention for some time.

People have been talking about Tether printing for a long while now, in bitcoin terms. Only just now coming into public awareness

I was aware of concerns about Tether for a long time. However, what I was shocked to discover was the implications it would have for BTC. I was in the process of cashing out my chips anyway but this (not being the only factor) really made me hurry the hell up! There's an irony here if this turns out to be the case (that btc was being pushed up by tether produced out of vapour) - as freely printing money is the antithesis of bitcoin and anyone who buys into the concept.

jman0war said:
Bitcoin devs are still at work, still contributing and adding features to the code.
Good point. This speculative circus since December has been just a distraction. The technology is still being developed in the background (whether that's bitcoin or ethereum, etc.).

Tether is the elephant in the room, this is the only thing that could disrupt cryptocurrency growth in my opinion.

Tether is the elephant in the room, this is the only thing that could disrupt cryptocurrency growth in my opinion.
How can the issue be forced though - so it can be dealt with once and for all? I'd sooner have this put to bed - fully outed and dealt with to remove any uncertainty hanging over btc.

How can the issue be forced though - so it can be dealt with once and for all? I'd sooner have this put to bed - fully outed and dealt with to remove any uncertainty hanging over btc.

One would think that it would be fairly straight forward by just getting one of the Big 4 to do a full and transparent audit on a regular enough basis.

Do we even know how much Tether is in circulation at any given time and how many exchanges have it?

It sure is the elephant in the room but gtp a necessary evil until there's a better solution. I've had substantial sums of money tied up in Tether from time to time and it never gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling holding it!

One would think that it would be fairly straight forward by just getting one of the Big 4 to do a full and transparent audit on a regular enough basis.
They won't cooperate and can't be compelled as far as I know. They're based in the B.V.I. so probably totally regulation-less.

Yeah, if I remember correctly they were actually audited by some firm but they didn't release the report.....it's just all very dodgy and secretive!

Back