Tesco Refused me a Credit Card

phester

I have just been aproved for a mortgage. I have never had a loan or anything that I missed payments on. My bank balance is very healthy. I earn over 30k. Yet their credit system says that I don't meet the minimum specs. I contaced them about it and they said that if I send them on a bank statement and utility bill they can query the problem. But this will take well over a week. I need to have a card in the next 3 weeks if possible. I tried to find out where I could sent this information to in the first place as most credit cards require this information with the application. Any ideas?

If you need to have the card in 3 weeks go else where, my husband gota tesco card and it took over a month to arrive.

Try MBNA [broken link removed] you can apply online - I was approved by credit check - didnt have to send in proof of address etc... Had card, pin and credit card cheque book within 10 days of applying.

Tesco's card isn't the cheapest around.

In the past I've found AIB, NIB and BOI quick to send out cards. The fact that you've no credit history is often a black mark - vicious circle I know but you might find it easier to get one from a bank you've a relationship with areadly.

ciara_gmail said:
Try MBNA [broken link removed] you can apply online - I was approved by credit check - didnt have to send in proof of address etc... Had card, pin and credit card cheque book within 10 days of applying.

Was this recently? Apart from verifying your address for their own comfort from a creditworthiness point of view I think they should really be verifying your address to be in compliance with money laundering regulations.

one of the ways of verifying address is through a credit reference agency. they can also use the phone book or thomms directory! that satisfies all ML regulations.

dam099 said:
Was this recently? Apart from verifying your address for their own comfort from a creditworthiness point of view I think they should really be verifying your address to be in compliance with money laundering regulations.

Yes was about 3 weeks ago...as far as I know credit check on person is satisfactory - I would have thought they might ask for a bill and or copy of stamped passport

Back