Tesco & not charged the sale price at till

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Was on a quick visit to Tesco this afternoon.
Picked up some packets of sweets in special offers.
One was half price, and got two in a 2 for €4 deal.
Or so I thought.
When I checked my receipt later when I got home, I discovered I was charged full price for each of the items. I certainly wouldn't have chosen to buy them at the full price.

The thing is, the Tesco store is miles away and I wont be back there in the near future. What happens in this case? Will they entertain me on the telephone or would it just be a waste of time?
Has anyone been in the same position and what happened?

What happens in this case? Will they entertain me on the telephone or would it just be a waste of time?
Why not just call them and find out?

Based on my understanding of their policies and practice they will probably refund you the full amount if you did go back in.

It would probably be a big surprise if Tesco managed to price correctly(based on the shambles that is Tesco Rathmines)

If they habitually charge more at the till than displayed on the shelves then purchase/pay for the item(s) and then draw their attention to it and they will almost certainly refund you. If you draw their attention to it before paying they may not do this.

Their present policy is to refund double the difference, no longer a full refund of price paid. You also have to go back to the branch you bought them in, they won't do it in another branch. My recent experience anyway!

Their present policy is to refund double the difference, no longer a full refund of price paid. You also have to go back to the branch you bought them in, they won't do it in another branch. My recent experience anyway!

Ive found the same, double the difference once youve paid for the item.

Ive emailled Tescos before when I was charged twice for the one item about a year ago and asked for manager after customer service girl said this not covered.

The manager who the rudest woman and dismissed me from the counter.

I took the double payment back and left the boots. I came home fuming and emailed tesco and next morning around 7.30am took a phonecall who said yes I should have been refunded the money and got the kids boots for free.

Anyway she sent me out a €10 card.

Following this I sent a letter to the manager of the store and lo and behold got a €40 card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back