Tesco mobile unlocked?

John 1982

I was looking at a Tesco payg mobile Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro. It's €30 cheaper than the Currys Site that is advertised as unlocked

Does any one know of the Tesco phones are all unlocked now?​

I think that they only sell unlocked phones in the UK nowadays:
... but not sure about here. Best to ask to be sure. This suggests that Tesco Mobile Ireland phones may still be locked:

All Xiaomi phones on any network seem to be unlocked. Most of the Chinese manufacturers supply them like this.
There are hundreds of pages of posts on the boards.ie Bargain Alerts site on getting discounts for unlocked phones when switching with burner sims to avoid changing number, when discounts are offered based on porting. In most cases these are with Vodafone, which has perhaps the worst e-commerce site in terms of reliability known to man, but works equally well with Three etc. when they have deals on these Chinese phones.

There's a person on Adverts selling new sealed unlocked ones for cheaper than Tesco if that's any help

I've also seen them cheaper elsewhere online (not all the way from China - e.g. AliExpress, BangGood etc.) but haven't used any of the stores in question and can't vouch for them so won't post links.

Back