Tesco Mobile: No data when travelling in Europe and not on WI-FI

I used Tesco mobile data last year in France, Italy, Austria, Germany and Slovenia. It worked perfectly in all countries. The only annoying thing was that my 15 euro of credit was drained within a few minutes by using data in Monaco.

Some people have had problems with Gomo roaming.
Interesting, i see people with iphones, seem to have had fewer issues, than those with non iphones on Gomo, while roaming in Europe.

Mine is an iphone, i’ve been to a few countries in the EU,in multiple
Places, in the 3 years since i have been with Gomo, and not a single issue, roaming in Italy, Spain, Portugal, UK & Germany.

Tesco Mobile had either no, or poor coverage when in the UK last summer. Ported to another network since.

If anyone else is having this problem in the UK, in your settings, your network selection may be set to automatic. Tesco operate with 3 UK, so if you manually select that, it should work fine.

If anyone else is having this problem in the UK, in your settings, your network selection may be set to automatic. Tesco operate with 3 UK, so if you manually select that, it should work fine.
Thanks for that piece of advice, it's the first time I have got Tesco mobile to work in UK, if could find out the best networks for other countries to manually select would be great, like Poland?

Thanks for that piece of advice, it's the first time I have got Tesco mobile to work in UK, if could find out the best networks for other countries to manually select would be great, like Poland?

Tesco work off three's network so it's essentially whatever network three have an agreement with in that particular country. I have no idea about Poland but Google tells me its 'Era'? The main thing is that you manually select the network if you're having trouble. You could cycle through the options to get best one if you are not sure which is the 'correct' one.

I had this faffing about, while on the 48 network, on one particular holiday, it never worked at all.

I have never had to select a network manually while being in EU multiple times, since being on Gomo, its always been totally seemless.

48 claimed to have solved the roaming issue, got a new sim for my daughter, she's now in Croatia on a post Leaving cert jolly. Phone and text work fine but no mobile data so she's relying on free WiFi in hotel and restaurants. Good that she can phone and text but disappointing about data.

48 claimed to have solved the roaming issue, got a new sim for my daughter, she's now in Croatia on a post Leaving cert jolly. Phone and text work fine but no mobile data so she's relying on free WiFi in hotel and restaurants. Good that she can phone and text but disappointing about data.
For what it's worth, check these two links in case they help...

After getting a new SIM, roaming activated, etc., this APN (from one of the links above) has worked for me recently with 48:

If this does not happen to work, let's go for round two, and follow the below approach:

Delete the APN settings, then add a new one and update with the following:
1. Name - 48 Internet
2. APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com

Leave the rest of the entry fields as they are, then press save. Again, turn your phone off/on again or toggle on/off airplane mode. You should now be able to access Mobile Data.

In Canaries at present, phone and text transitioned seamlessly, no mobile data however following the helpful instructions posted above was able to get in working in a minute or so..major improvement on last year.....

Please note you need a new 48 SIM. If your card is older than 6 months order a new one otherwise nothing may work.

In Canaries at present, phone and text transitioned seamlessly, no mobile data however following the helpful instructions posted above was able to get in working in a minute or so..major improvement on last year.....

Please note you need a new 48 SIM. If your card is older than 6 months order a new one otherwise nothing may work.
Even people who got a new SIM have reported problems with being unable to get roaming working.

Probably one of the lucky ones so. Two others in my party also have 48 and once we adjusted apn we got data roaming.

Back