Tesco credit-card difficulty paying online

Setanta12

I tried to pay something online via my Tesco c-card this morning. It sought some validation (password etc) but when I clicked the 'forgot password?' option, I was given a helpline number to call as opposed to the usual (or so I would have thought) three questions to verify my identity etc etc.

Anyway, I rang the number and in the heel of the hunt, was advised that their systems are down and they haven't been able to process payments online for a few days - she also seemed to indicate that it was limited to certain accounts linked to the 3 digits on the back of my card, which sounded suss.

She hoped that their *new* fix would fix this, but she also asked could I pay in the shop as per usual ! What I couldn't understand were the lengthy verification checks, before she could admit their systems were down - are they trying to lose customers ? I always pay my total balance on time but the hoops to jump through for an increase are incredible.

Is a Tesco card worth it ?

I havn't had your problems. If Tesco Visa didn't have reward points I wouldn't bother keeping mine. Its the only reason I keep mine. Its lack of an online account facility is a nuisance.

I rang a few days ago for a balance and was put through to a person, after answering correctly all the automatic security questions. I asked then why I was put through, and was given the same line about the system being down. I felt then it was not the genuine reason.
So it can be awkward not having an online access, but for me the vouchers make it worth keeping.

i had the same issue with there phone system. key in all the info then get put trought to agent. been like that for a couple of months. keep asking and there advised there currently having system issues

The last few times I called for a balance I was put onto a person also.
I wouldn't bother with them only for the points as well.
They are the most awkward crowd to deal with, nothing is straightforward with them.
Applied for a 2nd card for my wife , it would have been easier to open a new account. They are looking for all the same details as if it was.

I agree. I'm seriously sick of not being able to check it online.
Im just cancelling mine. I've had enough. I like to keep an eye on the transactions on my credit card. Tesco make that so difficult.

I cancelled mine a while back because the lack of online banking made it very difficult to keep track of. Not only do you have to ring them to get a balance, but they actually turn the phone system off at night which is ludicrous.

Back