Tesco Credit Card Application

ShaneMc

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on my situation. I applied for a Tesco credit card last week. I stappled a note to the application stating that i was to be called before the account was opened as firstly i wanted to close my current account in time so as to avoid double duty and secondly to ensure that the credit limit was acceptable. So i hadnt heard anything so i gave em a call and they said the account had been opened. Now the limit is fine but im now gonna be double charged the €40 as i had 2 accounts open at once, albeit for a day. What do you make of that?

Thanks,

Ring them again - ask them why they ignored your instruction. Ask to speak with a supervisor.

Marion

Rang them back...

apparantley Their application process is all automated so no one would see my note stapled to the app form. I yold him that this was not my fault and if they wanted to open accounts against customers wishes why should I pay €40 for that. He went to his supervisor who informed me that as the cards werent issued i would not be liable for the stamp duty. So im gonna stick with my current provider and tell Tesco no thanks.

I wouldnt mind but i thought the account wouldnt open until i sent in some identification, apparantley they get all that from some Irish agency, and no proof of ID is required!

Thats strange requiring no ID, when i applied last year they wanted 6-12 mths bank statements etc i could not be arsed at the time... but i was intending applying this year because i just got married and we just want to have 1 credit card and Tecso seemed the best option as we shop there all the time so voucher will come in handy etc etc

Back