terminating a ltd co.

buckrodgers

I want to terminate a ltd co. Our accounts are complete up until last April. Our next annual return date is next april 07(they dont have to be sent in till dec 07 though). Do I have to get an accountant to do these or can I shut down the business myself straight away. We only did a tiny amount of trade and have been running at a loss. I am going to take over the company overdraft so the company will owe nothing. I really dont want to give the accountant another penny as they have squeezed everthing they could out of us as it is. I would be grateful for any advice as this business has turned into a financial nightmare.

Its called voluntary liquidation I think. I would be interested in this topic as well, as I know someone else in a similar position, whose accountant quoted them thousands.

Just from recent experience, it is a bit of a pain in the ass to wind up a company. I recently started winding up a company about 3 months ago and the process has not completed yet. And my one was regarded as 'straightforward' because the business never traded, and all returns were up to date.
I used a company to handle the winding up arrangement, and it has cost me close to 700euro. However I didn't need to deal with the hassle. I'm sure your accountant could advise on a cheaper way of doing it but be advised it does take time, and at minimum will take a couple of months

Also, didn't realise, but just scroll down to the exact same thread topic, posted a few days ago
All info available [broken link removed], according to Clubman

Back