Term Deposit in PTSB.

penguin

Hi,
I have read many threads on this and other sites, listened to commentators give their opinions on the economy and what might happen and am confused.
I have 140k on 60 day term deposit in the permanent tsb and am wondering should I transfer it too and guaranteed account ie; an post ( we wont get into the interest rate at this point).
This question is similar to a lot already here but NONE seem to mention ptsb and that makes me more nervous .
Any advice on this institutions stability would be very gratefully appreciated
Thanks in advance.

PTSB not being mentioned should make you less nervous.

I've got over €65k with them.

Their half year report is here.

Hi

I have no information, just to say my brother and I are in a very similiar position and a bit nervous. Hopefully someone might have some information.

Did the Minister for Finance not give assurances today that deposits in all banks in the Republic were safe and advised depositors not to move funds?

PTSB not being mentioned should make you less nervous.

I've got over €65k with them.

Their half year report is here.

Thanks for that.
To be honest I might as well be looking into a ditch.
Whats your opinion on it?

Did the Minister for Finance not give assurances today that deposits in all banks in the Republic were safe and advised depositors not to move funds?

Not being too dramatic ,I hope , but he's going to say that isn't he ?
I do think hysteria might cause trouble BUT on the other hand if trouble is on the way you want to be one step ahead dont you ?

Whats your opinion on it?

In relative terms they seem to have a lot more defaulted loans on their balance sheet than Bank of Ireland. It still looks like a manageable amount to my inexpert eye. Now that the taxpayer is guaranteeing deposits up to €100k I've no real worries about sticking with them.

Back