tenants want to repaint house interior

Agree with the above 2 posts - tenants don't own the property so even tenants who want something to look nice aren't so particular that they'll do a conscientious job of painting in my experience - so masking tape, no protection for floor or furniture etc - so splashes everywhere, painted light switches, lamp shades, paint not finished into corners, emulsion paint across doors, on window frames, on wardrobes, streaky paintwork etc. etc. etc.

I had 2 tenants who wanted to stay for another 6 months. They asked me could they paint the place. He told me he was a good painter, with extreme reluctance I gave them the go ahead. He painted the bathroom a dark corpse green colour. There were splashes on the floor, the ceiling was hit by the brush several times, light socket was painted over, fan was hit by big splashes and last of all the tiles were hit by the clumsy brush.
Just to add insult to injury they moved out 3 weeks later.
Never again!
Now if someone wants to paint they paint but it goes back to magnolia before they leave and it has to be done professionally, when I inform my tenants of this they don't bother to pursue it.
Works a treat!!!

Back