Tenants contribution to Co. Co. Ras scheme

Dermot

I have an elderly couple as Tenants under a RAS scheme. They are partners for 40 years and they are about 10 years with me and and in their mid to late 70's. They are not in the best of health but are wonderful tenants. They worked most of their lives in England. They have both English and Irish old age pensions. They live in the midlands and have quite an amount of medical issues which means that they have to attend hospitals locally and in Dublin.
The have asked me to enquire about their contribution to the RAS scheme (differential rent). Their total income per week is €497.00 between them and their contribution from next month will be €103.00.
The woman is about 79 years old and wants/needs a lot of heat (house is in good to very good condition, 2 bedroom ). They have to use taxis quite a lot for hospital vists (2 - 3 kilometres ) each way and the same in Dublin to and from train and the same when the get back.
I am giving asmuch detail as possible so as I can inform them if their contribution is okay or not. I have no other agenda in it. Hope that there is someone on here with expertise in the matter.

Back