Tenant Purchase scheme ?

dubinamerica

Hi, I'm trying to weigh up various options and this has come up.. My mum is a county council tenant and had her home valued recently. She has received the valuation and is eligible for a discount of approx 30%. Long term I am looking into options of moving back in with her with my family. (I am separated and now in mortgage arrears and considering house sale if I can).

I wouldn't be in a position to purchase the house any time soon, and even if our family home was sold it wouldn't be enough to cover this option. I won't currently get mortgage. Are there other options available ? Can we get house revalued under this same scheme in a year or two or is this being phased out?

Any pointers would really be appreciated. Struggling to pay bills/mortgage etc now and now in MARP and need to take a long hard look at any options.

From what I understand, this scheme is being phased out. Haven't heard of anything to replace it is yet.

Edit : After searching, I have found that it will be replaced by this, which I don't think will help you as it seems to be only for new builds :
the scheme will apply to new-build houses only

http://www.environ.ie/en/DevelopmentHousing/Housing/HomeOwnership/IncrementalPurchaseScheme/

Back