Tenant does not want their details on PRTB form

laila

Tennant does not want to sign or put their details on PRTB form. What should I do?

I would question this seriously. Will they tell you specifically why. If so you might be able to think it through better.
Have you gotten references? perhaps they had problems before as tenants.

Interestingly the PRTB Tenancy Registration Form still states ‘’If Tenant has no PPSN or you have made a reasonable effort to obtain it but it has not been provided, please tick here’’

As signatures are no longer required this would suggest you could register the tenancy if you wished. assuming you know the Tenants name.

They previously registered a tenancy for me where one of the Tenants had applied for but not yet received a PPSN.

Laila, this is very suspicious to me. It wont cost them anything to sign nor will it affect SW entitlements etc so whats their problem?

I had this with my last tenants & I got them to sign but they broke my heart. Have you asked them why they are reluctant? Do you have good honest previous references from them?

SS

The person concerned moved into a shared house - selected by others in house. Might be hard to believe but I know very little about her apart from first name. The others liked her she paid deposit and all seems to be well. I did not make the usual thorough reference cheques and now suspect she may be illegal resident in Ireland. Don't want too push too much as very hard to find tennants these days.

This is a tricky situation. however, I would suggest you go with your gut instinct! Do you think you have heartache ahead with this one?
Could you tell your tenants that they are responsible for her moving in therefor if anything happens they have to cover rent etc (not even sure you can do this so im open to correction).
Inform all your tenants that the PRTB is necessary, however this new girl they have brought in is refusing to sign. It might be no harm to make everyone aware (but do all this in a really nice way)

Thanks for all your thoughts on this. Have put her first name on form and ticked that I have made reasonable efforts to obtain her pps number (which I have). I feel if I presure her any further that she sign the form then she might just move out. As I said hard to get tenants for a shared house these days. I am still not totally comfortable with this and have a few more days before sending in the form so will sleep on it.

Back