Temporary traffic lights at roadworks

Ed054

A firend of mine drove through a temporary light at roadworks when it had just switched from orange to red and was pulled over b a gardai who gave her a ticket wit two penalty points and €80 fine.

Do these lights have the same standing a permanent lights or am I right in thinking that they actually have no legal standing?

A firend of mine drove through a temporary light at roadworks when it had just switched from orange to red and was pulled over b a gardai who gave her a ticket wit two penalty points and €80 fine.

Do these lights have the same standing a permanent lights or am I right in thinking that they actually have no legal standing?

Of course they have the same legal standing. They're there to control the flow of traffic, as are all traffic lights. Too many drivers take chances when driving through traffic lights at roadworks, i.e. continue to drive through them even after they've turned red and anyone that does so, deserves to be punished.

Good,red means red,not,keep on driving because I left the house 15 mins too late.

Back