Temporary credit card for a loan?

C

clubcrown

So I need to buy a car in the next few weeks. My SSIA is due in end November.

What I want to do is get a credit card with the 0% interest for 6 months, throw everything on that, and pay it off in full when the SSIA comes in, then close the account.

Any problems with this? Are there miminum terms, or penalties if I do it this way?

0% ccs are for switchers from other cc s .

look instead at the cheapish AIB as low as c.7% personal loans maybe because there is no penalty for clearing the loan in full in November ????

also make sure you max that SSIA over the next few months.

2Pack said:
0% ccs are for switchers from other cc s .

look instead at the cheapish AIB as low as c.7% personal loans maybe because there is no penalty for clearing the loan in full in November ????

also make sure you max that SSIA over the next few months.

Sothe 0% is only if I switch - I actually want to keep my current credit card for various reasons. Whats the cheapest second card to get? I know its only a couple of months of interest, but the less the better. Alternatively I guess I'm looking at the cheapest personal loan.

I already have a seperate personal loan with AIB, so I don't want to go down that road particularly.

Unless someone wants to lend me 5K interest free until November :)

While you say you don't want to get a personal loan, you may find that it's alot cheaper to get a €5k personal loan & pay back early, rather than put €5k on a credit card. Also, if you already have a cc, you may not get a second one with a €5k limit & you'll also have to pay €40 govt stamp duty on it.

Back