Telestunt rates to Irish mobiles

• Thread starter Dr Moriarty
  • Start date
D

Dr Moriarty

Further to the long discussion in thread, just thought I'd let Shufty, RitzFitz et al know that Telestunt have "pulled" the 0818 number for calling Irish mobiles and replaced it with 1520 932601 — the cheapest of the Eircom premium rates at 15c/minute, but still almost twice as expensive as the 0818 rate... :(

Damn shame.

But it's still about as cheap as you can get, I reckon. Vartec's per-minute rate is lower at weekends:
Weekday Daytime - 22c
Weekday Evening - 16c
Weekend - 12c
— but there's a catch:
Calls to Irish mobiles will be billed in 1-second increments after the initial 3-minute minimum charge. Mobile calls of less than 5 seconds duration will only incur a 5 cent charge.

What a shame as have just recently started using them for mobile calls.

So can you tell me what the rates are for:

Weekday Daytime - 15c/minute
Weekday Evening ?
Weekend ?

Might look again at Euphony monthly charge for calls to mobiles again under their new Talk Time package.

Thanks.

@Martin, it's 15c/minute anytime, which beats Euphony's rates too, except for the weekend one:

23c / 17.5c / 13.5c

Alternatively, you can sign up for 100/200/400/1000 prepaid minutes , in which case the cost works out between 17c and 13.6c/minute. But you don't get to carry over unused minutes...

Thanks Doc

As the bul of the calls to the 0818 number were intended for Irish mobiles the rate question is now somewhat acedemic now ya gotta use a 1520 number instead.

OTOH you can ring a 1520 from a mobile when you could not ring an 0818 so how much does that cost then from each network and pre and postpaid ??

Shufty

telestunt

checked o2's website and they say speakeasy calls to 1520 are 20 cent a minute.
Telestunt are WRONG when they say the 0818 calls are 1.26 at the weekend, even though Eircom call 0818 a national rate call the weekend rate does not apply, so its 8.17 peak and 4.92 off peak and weekend , ive emailed telestunt to tell them this and ive confirmed with eircom.

I emailed Telestunt on the incorrect w/e rates in July

They never answered and never corrected their website to 4.92c w/e (the rest is correct)

They are still filthy cheap tho :)

Shufty.

Back