telephone professionalism..

Too busy

Wasn't this response used by MOB recently as a defence why Irish solicitors charge such high fees ?

What ever did happen to the Competition Authority's report on these gangsters ?? In typical Irish fashion, it probably just got brushed under the carpet

!!

-------------
if it wasn't for my customers ringing me all day, I would get a lot more work done!"
--------------

and if it wasn't for the patients, the hospitals would be much more efficient

and if the buses didn't have to keep stopping to pick up passengers, they'd be on time

Feel free to continue the list.............endlessly..............

Eircom

Some months back when I was begging Eircom to tell me whether I was eligible for broadband or not, I got transferred through many offices. I ended up with someone who swore he would call me back in 1 hour with the info.

Just before he hung up, I asked him what number he would use (mobile or land, as I was leaving the house) and he then asked for my number..............and then my name!!!

Re: Eircom

Slightly different experience, had an Eircon account manager call to the door, he proceeded to present a better option to me than my other provider, he had to enquire who that was. After a good 5 minutes of presenting the options, he asked if I would change back to Eircom, I explained that I would review it in a month or so as I was travelling , he said 'ah go on please try it, just for a month', I reiterated a no, maybe later, at which point he said 'please try it, I lost so many sales today!'. So many +1, I sent him packing..........

A bird in the hand.

When broadband first became available Esat were cheaper than Eircom. I rang Eircom to ask them to match Esat prices or I was moving to Esat. They refused. I have had 3 people calling to my door since and 3 people phoning me since asking me to switch back to Eircom broadband. They had me and they couldn't care less about keeping me so I left them. It will take some big incentive for me to switch back.

How much are people paying per month for Broadband? I have just signed up with eircom for 12 months at €29 per month. I was an alltime customer prior to this. So I changed at no extra fee. I haven't received the external modem yet.

Marion :hat

Are you sure that you're getting eircom broadband for €29 p.m? Their normal charge is €39.99. Eircom, UTV and esat are currently doing offers of so many month's free broadband but apart from these UTV are normally the cheapest at €29.99 p.m. Also - UTV's free offer involves an installation charge of €99 at the end of the period if you roll onto a 12 month contract so (other than the first month of that contract which is also free) it's not really free at all. Eircom don't charge this installation fee but their normal monthly charge is higher than the others'. Esat never bothered to get back to me when I asked for details of their offer.

[broken link removed]

Re: My free upgrade

Actually, it's €29.99 (I forgot the cents) per month for 12 months. No other charges involved.

I received a message on my phone telling me that I was entitled to a free upgrade - I hadn't made any contact with Eircom prior to this - this was followed up later that evening by a house call from a sales rep.

I could hardly believe it myself. ;)

Re: My free upgrade

Are you saying that you pay €29.99 already and that they are giving you broadband for no extra charge? I presume that line rental and call charges are in addition to that figure? If eircom would give me broadband for €29.99 like UTV I would probably take it. Is this stuff negotiable with them?

Re: free upgrade

Yes, that's exactly the position.

Calls and rental are in addition to the €29.99 cost.

I didn't ask for it - so I presume that Eircom might well be interested in negotiations. I rarely used my landline for calls - preferring 13636 for international calls and my mobile for most others. So, it's not as if I was a major customer.

Thanks Marion - I might contact eircom and haggle one of these days. I hardly use the phone for voice calls at all. Just dial-up internet mostly.

Back