Telecom mast - safe proximity to homes?

c71

Hi,

Apparently there is a planning app lodged for ESB to erect a mast right beside my folks house. It will be a '100 scada mast' which will be shared between ESB and Hutchinson 3Gto a) repair electrical problems quicker and b) used as an antenna.

It's a countryside site but there are about 12 houses within an 100yd radius. So, the question is...how high would this mast be, how safe is it and will the neighbours have a foot to stand on in objecting to / preventing its erection?

I'm guessing that solicitors will need to be involved but if anyone has any quick info on pros / cons based on their own experiences, they'd be appreciated.

C71

I got some professional scientific advice from an independent academic on this subject around the time we planned the construction of our house alongside a pre-existing high-voltage power line and I was told that there is no strong scientific evidence that such power lines cause any problems to people living near them. Dunno if that's any use to you but it might be worth your while talking to some telecoms experts in the Engineering depts of our major universities.

c71 said:
Hi,

Apparently there is a planning app lodged for ESB to erect a mast right beside my folks house. It will be a '100 scada mast' which will be shared between ESB and Hutchinson 3Gto a) repair electrical problems quicker and b) used as an antenna.

It's a countryside site but there are about 12 houses within an 100yd radius. So, the question is...how high would this mast be, how safe is it and will the neighbours have a foot to stand on in objecting to / preventing its erection?

I'm guessing that solicitors will need to be involved but if anyone has any quick info on pros / cons based on their own experiences, they'd be appreciated.

C71

Well if you have an issue with a mast, bear that in mind if you have a mobile phone itself. makes me mad to see people organising protests against masts for mobiles when using mobiles. You'll get more raditaion off your phone being kept in your pocket than from a mast. Look at us guys....when the phone is in your pockets its beaming its radiation into certain parts of us that are rather private if you know what i mean.
All the evidence so far indicates that a mast does no damage...thats not to tsay it doesn't, but you can only base your decision on what has been shown so far.

Back