Teacher entitlement to state penson at 65

I

Is Mise

I'm sure this has been covered and apologies if so, but just cant seem to see an exact answer to this question.
I worked as a full time secondary teacher for 37 years and took early retirement at 58 with a reduced pension. I am also in receipt of a widowers pension.
In my case when I reach 65 am I entitled to a state pension and if so , will this replace the widowers pension ?
Also if life had taken a happier course for me and I was not drawing the widowers pension, would I be entitled to a state pension at 65 ? I have been paying PRSI at the D rate all my service.

I would be grateful for any replies on this,
Many Thanks.

Thanks for that link Liam. I was never really sure about that before, so it is the case then that anyone like myself who have paid PRSI at the D rate all their working lives are not entitled to the old age pension at 65

As far as I know, that's correct. The thinking is that the Class D contributors are entitled to higher superannuation benefits than their more recent Class A colleagues.

Thanks for that link Liam. I was never really sure about that before, so it is the case then that anyone like myself who have paid PRSI at the D rate all their working lives are not entitled to the old age pension at 65
But an A-rate payer wouldn't be advantaged over you in any case. Since the OACP is incorporated into Superannuation for A-rate public servants, once they become entitled to the OACP their superannuation payment falls by exactly the same amount.

PRSI D stamp is a lot less then PRSI A Stamp!!
You get out what you paid in!
Your take home pay would have been more than somebody on the same salary paying the A stamp.

Back