Taxi or bus to airport

I'd say timewise you will be ok so definitely would not rely on the bus. I'd imagine you would be looking at a fare closer to 30 Euro tbh. Clubman might know for sure...

c. €30 sounds a bit more like it. Having said that my journeys would have been very early morning and usually with wife, kid and baggage in tow which might have added to the cost. Think we paid c. €25 once. Your (taxi driver's) mileage may vary.

Thanks, was going to upgrade to first class (special treat as I have free travel) but think I will keep the money for taxi.

if i were you i'd take a quick gander outside once you get to heuston and then if there's an airlink there, hop on as you will definitely make it on time traffic at that hour on a saturday morning will be fine. the references to croke park causing trouble don't wash as the game is on at 745pm.
you could also get the luas or 90 to connolly and hop off at busaras and get the airlink that goes via the port tunnel (maybe ring dublin bus and see which if any go via the port tunnel) seeing as money is tight the €25/30 on a taxi will probably pay for a meal out for the two of you when you get to your destination.

Last edited:
Airlink bus leaves at 8.35 for airport from Heuston Station

If the bus leaves on time and we are on it, I feel we should be at the airport by 9am
The [broken link removed] is 45 minutes so this is unlikely. Having said that since your latest time for check-in seems to be c. 10am I would certainly take the bus if it was me.

c. €30 sounds a bit more like it. Having said that my journeys would have been very early morning and usually with wife, kid and baggage in tow which might have added to the cost. Think we paid c. €25 once. Your (taxi driver's) mileage may vary.

Heuston to the Airport is about 14km (if the scenic route is avoided :) ) ... After 8.00am on a Saturday morning (so on the lower tariff) it should be €20 or just under on the meter if there's only a little traffic (no more than a few mins waiting at traffic lights) ... Extra adult passengers is just €1 extra and no baggage charges any more

Early morning it would be closer to €30 alright.

Don't forget the tariff drops to the daytime rate at 8am so it might be cheaper than that.

OP, ring a taxi co. and ask them e.g. NRC 01-708 9292.

or look here for a fare calculator. I'd guess heuston to airport is about 18km ~ €22 without traffic.

You're chancing it! Too many things come into play. Unless you're an adrenalin junkie (not to mention partner and sproggs), take a cab. Or as someone else stated ........ overnight in Dublin and get the Blue bus. Enjoy!

Heuston to the Airport is about 14km (if the scenic route is avoided :) ) ... After 8.00am on a Saturday morning (so on the lower tariff) it should be €20 or just under on the meter if there's only a little traffic (no more than a few mins waiting at traffic lights) ... Extra adult passengers is just €1 extra and no baggage charges any more

Early morning it would be closer to €30 alright.
That might explain why that is in or around what I paid in the past. Also my trips would probably have predated the new taxi fare rules etc.

IE Cork staff and management are at it again and it's tools down as of today as far I can tell from here - http://www.forum.platform11.org/showthread.php?t=4041&page=2

Here's a snippet of todays no-runs from the IE website -
Services which are not operating are:
- 11.00hrs Heuston to Cork
- 13.30hrs Cork to Heuston
- 14.30hrs Cork to Heuston
- 15.30hrs Cork to Heuston
- 16.30hrs Cork to Heuston
- 17.30hrs Cork to Heuston
- 18.00hrs Heuston to Cork
- 18.30hrs Heuston to Cork
- 19.00hrs Heuston to Cork
- 20.00hrs Heuston to Cork
- 21.00hrs Heuston to Cork
- Cork commuter services (Cork/Cobh, Cork/Mallow)

So, you may want to re-evaluate the Aer Arann options if this looks like it is going to continue on through to the weekend.

z

very very risky to try to do it the morning of the flight. Get up to dublin the day before and stay in an airport at the hotel

Back