Taxi cost from Heuston to Beaumont Hospital

g1g

Hi,

just wondering how much a taxi should cost from Heuston to Beaumont Hospital.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks.

Google Maps suggests that this journey is almost 8km. The current fare tariffs per the Taxi Regulator are available [broken link removed].

On a distance basis then, the fare would be €10.45 (8.00-20.00hrs) or €12.85 (20.00-8.00hrs & Sun).

If you are stuck in traffic, the cost could be more so you would need to give an idea of the time you intend to take the taxi.

Hi,

Thanks.

Time and day of travel would impact heavily on the taxi fare...
During rush hour, around Heuston, there is not a lot of free flowing traffic.

Time and day of travel would impact heavily on the taxi fare...
During rush hour, around Heuston, there is not a lot of free flowing traffic.

Ditto getting to Beaumont - evening traffic is very heavy out of town towards Griffith Avenue. You'd fly it in the morning

Not necesarily. It's impossible to predict traffic in Dublin at any time of day, on any route.

Jeez!

Traffic is generally far lighter on the N1 outbound in the morning than inbound. Traffic is generally far heavier on the N1 outbound in the evening than inbound.

Like I say, expect to pay about €20. If the OP wishes to post back on what s/he actually paid, I'd be surprised if it ends up being much more or less.

The reason I'm asking was I may need to go up at short notice next week. Usually fly up but may work out cheaper, depending on notice, to get the train. Flat fare of €15 for taxi from airport to Beaumont. Thought there might be flat fare from train station too.

Flat fare of €15 for taxi from airport to Beaumont.
All fares have to be metered , and Dublin Airport to Beaumont would work out a few Euro short of €15. Im sure the Taxi Regulator would be interersed to hear that there is a "flat-fare" in operation - thats illegal. The driver is allowed to give a discount on the metered fare allright.

You can hop on a Luas just outside Houston. Take it all the way to Connolly and get the taxi from there. You'll save time and money, and not much hassle unless you're carrying luggage with you.

All fares have to be metered , and Dublin Airport to Beaumont would work out a few Euro short of €15. Im sure the Taxi Regulator would be interersed to hear that there is a "flat-fare" in operation - thats illegal. The driver is allowed to give a discount on the metered fare allright.

Yup .. flat fare €15 from the Airport to Beaumont hospital is a rip off (not a huge one, but a rip off nonetheless)

They've tried to charge me anything from 15 to 25 so thinking 15 is a good enough compromise ;) They always press loads of buttons anyways to make it go up. Sick of fighting with taxi drivers. Rarely have I been in a taxi without them trying to overcharge.

G1g They (the drivers) should not be pressing loads of buttons to make it go up. When you sit in to the taxi (presuming you are just getting into one at a rank) the only button that should be pressed is the one button to start the meter. Other buttons may of course be pressed e.g. if you have a second passenger with you then the driver may hit the 'extras' button and this should is a one euro charge.

If however you book a taxi from a company to come and pick you up somewhere the driver is entitled to charge you the booking fee of 2 euro.

If you come across any drivers that are pressing buttons like this just take down the name of the driver and get the licence plate which is on the roof sign and report them to the taxi regulator.

There are some many complaints being made on sites like this one and boards about the behaviour of taxi drivers that they give all taxi drivers (including the good and honest ones) a bad name.

Ask the driver for a printed receipt next time - they are all obliged to give one on request. Has to be from the printer attached to the meter, not a hand written one. It should detail the exact charges, so if any "extras" will be listed.

I would expect a taxi from airport to Beaumont hospital to be c.€12.

Back