Taxation of dividends from Swiss company

Discussion in 'Investments' started by Susie2017, 15 Mar 2019.

  1. Susie2017

    Susie2017 Frequent Poster

    Posts:
    136
    Hi. I have heard that stock dividends are subject to withholding tax of 35% in Switzerland. How would this work if i bought them through Degiro. Do I have extra paperwork to do like the thread on german stocks to reclaim taxes. Is there a backlog ? Anyone any experience with owning stocks in Switzerland ?
     
  2. mojoask

    mojoask Registered User

    Posts:
    46
    You can offset the first 15% against any Irish tax liability.

    Under the Swiss/Irish “Double Taxation Agreement”, you are entitled to reclaim Swiss tax deducted in excess of 15% of the total dividend, in effect 20% (35% - 15%). The Swiss authorities have specific forms for this, I think from memory it's form 91 for Ireland.