Tax working remote from Ireland to abroad

ibarbalho

Hi all,

Currently I am based in Ireland and I'm going to work from home to a company based in Portugal. My question is, how can I get paid considering the taxes in Ireland?

You'll be earning your income in Ireland and as such you're liable to gut wrenching Irish tax.

Regarding your payment of salary I'd just give them your IBAN when they ask you where you want the money sent.

To my knowledge your employer will be employed to set up a company in Ireland to pay your tax if they don't have a company here already. A diplomat friend is posted abroad regularly and her husband works for a multinational company which has offices in several countries. Even though he 'works from home' for their Dublin office they can only live in a country where his employer is a registered employer.

You'll be earning your income in Ireland and as such you're liable to gut wrenching Irish tax.

Regarding your payment of salary I'd just give them your IBAN when they ask you where you want the money sent.
is there any implication if I don't declare this amount?

The implication is a persistent head melt as you live a lie and have perpetual dread of being reported by someone, audited and having to pay the tax owed plus penalties.

My advice is keep it simple. Declare and pay the taxes.

Hope the job works out well.

Back