Tax Returns

apd

Hi,

I started renting out an investment property in Jan 2006. Do I need to return a Form 11 this year (oct) or is the oct 2006 deadline for 2005 related tax?

Thanks

If you received income in 2006 then your return will be for 2006 due by 31/10/07.
The relevant form 11 is usually published mid Jan early Feb if you want to get it done early - highly recommended you can file early on ROS and direct Revenue to take payment on 31/10/07

Bazermc..if I already use ROS for self assessment each year, do I need to fill in anything extra with regard to rental properties or does filing the usual annual return suffice?

Sorry I dont get your questions liteweight. You just complete what is required on the form eg property details income and expenditure etc.... and Revenue generate a tax assessment based on the return.

ROS will also generate an income tax computation for you and you can see if that agrees to what you think is your tax liability/refund

Sorry I dont get your questions liteweight. You just complete what is required on the form eg property details income and expenditure etc.... and Revenue generate a tax assessment based on the return.

ROS will also generate an income tax computation for you and you can see if that agrees to what you think is your tax liability/refund

Thanks Bazermc....you answered the question even though you didn't get it!:) Had a momentary lapse and just thought :eek: should I be doing anything else besides filling out ROS form!

Back