Tax Return (Form 12) query

Woodville56

I’ve received a letter from Revenue advising that I’m required to complete a Form12 by 31/10/19. I was last requested to complete a Form12 a few years ago, which I duly did.
My questions on this :
1. My sole income is a public service retirement pension on which I pay PAYE . I’ve absolutely no other income from any source - why am I being asked to complete a Tax Return yet again when my pension is taxed at source ?
2. My civil partner is in employment and pays PAYE on his salary. We continue at this point to have our incomes treated separately for tax purposes. As my civil partner and I are treated as separate individuals for tax etc, am I still required to input his income details etc on my Form 12 , seeing that we wish to remain treated separately for tax ?
3. The letter from Revenue didn't include a Form12 but suggested I complete it online. As I’ve never done this before I’d prefer to complete a paper / hard copy Form12 and I’ve asked for same as I’m apprehensive of online transactions. If I decide to complete the tax return online is it possible to correct if I make an error and can I view before posting / get a receipt showing exactly what I’ve put in my return ?
Any advice/ info on above welcome.
Thanks

Last edited:
It is much simpler to fill it in online as they pre-populate your PAYE for the year. If you do it on paper you will need to find a p60. Register for MyAccount on revenue.ie to achieve this if you haven't already. You can amend the form 12 at any stage. My form 12 for 2017 still allows me to edit/amend it.

It is much simpler to fill it in online as they pre-populate your PAYE for the year. If you do it on paper you will need to find a p60. Register for MyAccount on revenue.ie to achieve this if you haven't already. You can amend the form 12 at any stage. My form 12 for 2017 still allows me to edit/amend it.
Thanks !

Back