Tax relief for training?

J

Jamieladhero

Hello,
I'm going to do a part time/evening IT training course in February that will cost me above €500.
I'm wondering can I get any tax relief on the training - personally or thru my employer?
I enquired with the accountant in my place of employment but she didn't know if I can. The application form for the course allows me to invoice the company for the training and if it was in their name, would they be able to avail of tax relief on the €500 - I could pay what's due.
Any advice is appreciated,
Michael

If it is an approved course in an approved college you can get tax relief.

Thanks Domo,
I college is on the Revenue's list of approved colleges but the course I'm doing is not there. I'm going to fill out the necessary form and see if I can claim money back.
Thanks for your help

Hi Jamieladhero,
I see you mentioned a relevent form for claiming relief for education. I've been trying to find information about this and wondered if you know the name of this form or if you've found out where i can download it from please. thanks in advance. L

Hi Jamieladhero,
I see you mentioned a relevent form for claiming relief for education. I've been trying to find information about this and wondered if you know the name of this form or if you've found out where i can download it from please. thanks in advance. L

I came across this info tonight when looking for details for tax relief on a course I'm interested in. Try these links to the Revenue site - 3rd level education & training. The leaflet re: tax relief on training courses is the IT31.

Back