Tax relief at Source?

nelly

Hi there,
Anyone else have this problem?

i am having difficulty getting my bank to take the fixed amount mortgage agreed at the beginning of the mortgage without deducting the TRS from it.
ie
Mortgage fixed at €1200 per month
TRS: €133
Amount they are now taking from my account is 1200 - 133.
Now they did agree that they would allow the TRS be added in as a credit onto the account as well as taking the full amount that we fixed on to reduce the term overall, BUT after receiving this in writing from them in March it has not happened. Sure I have a reduced amount each month but i would prefer to be paying the full 1200+133 and getting the term shortened. Off another letter goes to them now.

I don't understand. Surely you figure our how much you want to pay and then add €133 (assuming that you are paying €8K or more in interest each year and thus obtaining full joint first time buyers in the first 7 years of the mortgage relief). For example if you want to fix your repayments at €1200 then pay €1200 + €133 and the TRS will cancel out the overpayment. So just write to them and tell them that you want to fix your repayments at €1333. I don't understand the point about holding the tax relief as a credit on the account.

Back