tax relief at source form - single/married status question

casiopea

Hi,

On the TRS form, under profile it asks if you are single/married/widowed etc.

Im married (first time filling out form married). In the second section it asks about the spouses pps number and if it is their first home loan.

What if the spouse has nothing to do with the property? There are no options as to how to fill it out in that case?
Do I leave the section blank?
My spouse doesnt even have a pps number, but surely there are many couples out there were one spouse is not involved in the house at all. What is the correct way to fill this out.

Thanks and apologies if its rtfm, I did search the forum and key posts.

Hi

I'd also like to know where I can get this TRS form!

Can it be downloaded off the revenue website??

Thanks

casiopea said:
Hi,

On the TRS form, under profile it asks if you are single/married/widowed etc.

Im married (first time filling out form married). In the second section it asks about the spouses pps number and if it is their first home loan.

What if the spouse has nothing to do with the property? There are no options as to how to fill it out in that case?
Do I leave the section blank?
My spouse doesnt even have a pps number, but surely there are many couples out there were one spouse is not involved in the house at all. What is the correct way to fill this out.

Thanks and apologies if its rtfm, I did search the forum and key posts.
You should probably contact you local tax office

I was just wondering also on TRS, I am buying a house with my sister should be both fill out seperate TRS forms? Also we we both entitled to €800 each TRS per year?

Yes you should both fill out TRS forms and as tax relief is deducted at source you should receive a 'deducion' of 133.33 pm from your mortgage repayment (assuming you are paying 8k+ in interest each year)

Is this your principal residence or not? You say your spouse 'has nothing to do with it'. You can both claim TRS and I would be somewhat surprised that your spouse does not have PPS (aka RSI Number etc)
But you dont have to claim it!

Back