Tax refunds - make sure to claim!

+1

To the "lazy buggers", I think the point here is that it doesn't require any less work on your part, even if you pay someone else to apply for the refund. You still have to fill in a form or hand over the information, to someone, so it doesn't really make any sense to pay a substantial % of your rebate unnecessarily...

I filled in a form in less than five minutes, it was just name address, pps number, and tick what you wanted to claim. The only other thing I had to do was get a printout of my medical expenses from my doc and chemist. Maybe it is as easy to do it online, but I looked online a few times and it looked more complicated, if I'm wrong I stand corrected. Anyway, I kept meaning to do it but didn't get round to it. Once I received the form to fill in the company I used phoned me to nudge me along, which I found helpful The way I look at it, its costing me a couple of hundred quid to get £2k back that I know I wouldn't have got otherwise. Your mileage may vary. I haven't told anyone else that this is the only way to do it, but at least two people on here, and three of my RL friends have found this information useful. One of my friends had no idea she could claim any of this stuff and would certainly not have done it off her own bat, so this is certainly a worthwhile service for some people. She rents, pays bin charges and has medical expenses, but is not an Irish native, so did not know these things were claimable If she gets a nice lump sum in these difficult times I will be delighted. I did tell her she could claim easily herself, but she said she wouldn't feel confident doing it herself Not everyone is confident or knowledgable enough to do this stuff!

I filled in a form in less than five minutes, it was just name address, pps number, and tick what you wanted to claim. The only other thing I had to do was get a printout of my medical expenses from my doc and chemist.so this is certainly a worthwhile service for some people.

Not everyone is confident or knowledgable enough to do this stuff!

You do have a very good point there. Why don't you name the company that did it for you, I'm sure there are others on here that would like to know.

I would also reccommend doing your own claims online on ww.paye.ie once you get your useraccess its a simple and efficient way to claim and in these times not paying a firm to do this even if it is only a 12.5% is still a saving every cent counts!

PRSI and Income Levy Rebates

How do you go about claiming back PRSI and Income Levy Rebates, I work in wages department and a few my fellow employees are due these refunds but it could'nt be done through payroll at the end of the year as they had not worked the full 52 weeks due to short-time.

Where do they write to.

Thank you.

balancing statement

I sent in med1 and got bal statement back. I now owe them €500! I am a PAYE worker so they did calculations wrong

I sent in med1 and got bal statement back. I now owe them €500! I am a PAYE worker so they did calculations wrong
who got it wrong ? Your payroll department or revenue ? I presume you underpaid tax during the year and the balancing statement uncovered this ? The only way to check is by having your final paycheck to hand and adding the relevant figures to the tax calculator. Make sure and check the figures your self though and don't take revenues word for it till your happy that they are not omitting anything.

How do you go about claiming back PRSI and Income Levy Rebates, I work in wages department and a few my fellow employees are due these refunds but it could'nt be done through payroll at the end of the year as they had not worked the full 52 weeks due to short-time.

Where do they write to.

Thank you.

For Income Levy rebates, complete this form & return to Revenue [broken link removed]

For PRSI rebates please see here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/Pages/prsi_refunds.aspx

thanks will do - dont know who made error - bal statement just uncovered it like you said. I am a teacher so would be dept of edu doing payroll. hard to get straight ans from that dept about anything

Another reason why people use professional help .

The paye tax system can be quite complicated for paye employees , that are not familiar with it.

Since the introduction of tax credits to replace tax-free-allowances , it has become even more complicated .

Even the on-line paye-anytime is not user friendly .

It generalises the credits into two categories :
1. flexible credits
2. shared credits .

Even professionals have difficulties determining where credits are allocated

No worries. I found the form (PRSIREF1) they will need to complete & return to DSP: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Forms/Documents/prsiref1.pdf

If the want to claim a refund for PRSI paid in respect of Pension Contributions then they will ned to complete this form & return to Revenue [broken link removed]

I paid my brothers college fee's for this and last term, a total of 7k. I heard i may be able to claim some tax relief on this? But i cant find the option on the PAYE anytime.

Anyone know if i can do this and how I go about it?

I paid my brothers college fee's for this and last term, a total of 7k. I heard i may be able to claim some tax relief on this? But i cant find the option on the PAYE anytime.

Don't know if it's available via PAYE Anytime.

I downloaded and completed the application form from this site.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/leaflets/it31.html

The college / course must be approved. There is a file of such courses at above link.

+1 Olympian

Also, even if the course is an approved one, it is specifically only the Tuition Fee element that is allowed for tax relief, not registration etc...

Back