Tax Query of an Expat

Swayam_989

Hi People,

Brief introduction about me, all these details are useful for my question.
I am from India. I am married (married in 2012) and I have 2 years old kid.

I came to Ireland in Jun 2019 and I came here alone.

My family joined with me after 8 months (i.e. on Feb 2020).

My spouse doesn’t have any job in India. She is dependent on me.

As I am alone I was considered as Single while calculating the tax for Jun 2019 to Dec 2019.

I paid my tax with 40% deductions also.

Here are my questions

For Financial Year: 2019
1. Do I am eligible for dependent tax credits? I remember it is 1650€ per year. If so how to add it?
Do I need to provide nil income certificate for my spouse from India?

2. By updating my status to married now, does my 2019 tax will be recalculated (whatever the amount I paid extra, I mean in 40% slab). If so how to request tax revaluation?

3. I have some income in India per year. Do I need to declare this income here? If so where I have to declare?

You can update your status on my account on the revenue website. You can then file a tax return for 2019 to sort out your tax for last year. You can include your income in India on it. If you paid tax in India on it, you can get relief from that on your Irish tax.

If your Indian income is not remitted to Ireland then you will not be subject to Irish tax on it as you are non-domiciled.

You can update your status on my account on the revenue website. You can then file a tax return for 2019 to sort out your tax for last year. You can include your income in India on it. If you paid tax in India on it, you can get relief from that on your Irish tax.
My wife was not in Ireland from July 2019 to Feb 2020, as in the spouse was non-resident, can I still claim the tax credit as per married with single income earner ?

My wife was not in Ireland from July 2019 to Feb 2020, as in the spouse was non-resident, can I still claim the tax credit as per married with single income earner ?
Yes, but you will probably have to provide some statement from India showing that she had no income.

Back