Tax credits not what they should be

Marula

Hi all,

I have just realised that my tax credits have been reduced over the last 4.5 years due to a social welfare payment that I used to receive but no longer do. I never passed much remark on it as I worked part time and didn’t earn all that much to begin with. It’s only since I started a better paying full time job and used the PWC calculator that I started to suss this out.

So my question is how do I inform revenue that I no longer receive this payment? Can I amend it on my account online or do I have to speak to them? Do I need proof from the social welfare of when this payment ceased?

Thanks

Hello .. I would just ring them when the office is open and explain..

Then I would keep an eye on myacoount to see if your credits have been corrected.

Are you due a tax refund for prior years if so complete form 12

If you are on ROS then just request and end of year statement P21 for previous years to see if you are due a refund but it may take a while for them to upgrade the system to when you stopped getting the SW payment.

Social Welfare send Revenue details of any social welfare you receive so there should be no need to get proof - they should see it on their system.

Back