Tax credit and employee credit

dave2015

Hi
I’m helping parents with form 11 and their tax credits are slightly odd versus last year, they have 3,333 as opposed to 3,300 when I hit calculate. Small difference but just can’t find why it is higher than what is on the credits tab.
Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Hi
I’m helping parents with form 11 and their tax credits are slightly odd versus last year, they have 3,333 as opposed to 3,300 when I hit calculate. Small difference but just can’t find why it is higher than what is on the credits tab.
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Have they flat rate expenses of some type claimed that's increasing the credits?

Week 53 in 2021​

Introduction

In 2021 any wages paid on Friday 31st December for Weekly, Fortnightly or Four-Weekly payrolls are eligible to be processed as a "Week 53" payroll.
In a "Week 53" payroll employees are allocated one extra week of tax credits and PAYE/USC bands. All calculations are carried out on a "Week 1" basis. Essentially the employees are getting the benefit of 53 weeks or their tax credits which reduces their overall tax bill for the year.

Week 53 in 2021​

Introduction

In 2021 any wages paid on Friday 31st December for Weekly, Fortnightly or Four-Weekly payrolls are eligible to be processed as a "Week 53" payroll.
In a "Week 53" payroll employees are allocated one extra week of tax credits and PAYE/USC bands. All calculations are carried out on a "Week 1" basis. Essentially the employees are getting the benefit of 53 weeks or their tax credits which reduces their overall tax bill for the year.
Ah ok that explains it, thank you

3300/52×53 = 3,363.

I got confused when made reference to 3,333 and 3,363 and then mention of extra 100.

It's 2022 that it's gone from 3,300 to 3,400.

Back