Tax cert or p45- returning to work

Sesed

I have just returned to work after a period interning and in college unpaid. Now I have to get a tax cert to give to my job apparently but from looking online my most recent 2012 p45 is no use. Is this correct? The certificate of tax credits appears to be only for first time employees. I called and emailed revenue but jo joy.

Edit there is nothing on paye online for tax Certs for this year so I don't think I can sort it online

Certificate of tax credits are issued every year to paye employees so you can certainly get one, they take a month to answer their emails!

Your new employer can submit a P46 online and they'll receive your tax credits etc within a working week or so... all they need is your PPSN.

You can take the employer no and phone Revenue. Tell them you just start new job and they will sent info about tax credits directly to your employer. Worked for me couple of times.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks all, will try to get tax number and ring, hopefully they'll
Answer today!!

You can take the employer no and phone Revenue. Tell them you just start new job and they will sent info about tax credits directly to your employer. Worked for me couple of times.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

+1.

Once you go past a 31-December, the P45 you had for that prioor year is not of any use for an employer as it relates to the prior tax year.

Follow Astjan's advice.

Back