Tax Calculator survey ideas please

Karl Grabe

I'm planning to update the tax calculator (www.TaxCalc.eu) and I'm putting together a short questionaire looking for the most popular new features.

The calculator will be 10 years old next year, so time for an update I think!

Please take a look at the suvey and let me now (here in AAM is best) if there are any ones I've missed.
Here it is:
[broken link removed]

You'll see the current list is:
* Pensions
* Company Car
* Saving what you entered so it could be retrieved later
* PRSI classes other than A
* Dependant relatives

so what else?

Thanks!

Karl,

I have used your tax calculator many times and have found it very useful - so thanks a million for making it available.

As for updating it - have you looked at the ? I have used this calculator as well and liked the way it allowed you to input pension contributions (though I would prefer a fixed amount calc) and change your salary mid way through the year. It is also very useful the way it details out when your PRSI contributions drop once you reach the ceiling.

Anyway, thanks again

Karl,
unless I'm using it incorrectly, I don't think the calculator allows to enter the single parent family tax credit.

Cheers,
Mel

I have been looking for a calculator that easily shows the comparative situation relating to the take home pay for various options of parttime work (not just fixed eg four day week types, but parental leave, term time, etc).

Of course I can just change the gross income figure on the current model for each scenario but is there any way this could be made easier? (eg for the calculator to remember the full gross pay and include an automatic calculator for minus 5% time, minus 10% time, as well as adding some feature to highlight at what point you would cross tax thresholds?)

Just a thought.

No I hadn't, I'll take a look, thanks.

efm said:
Karl,

I have used your tax calculator many times and have found it very useful - so thanks a million for making it available.

As for updating it - have you looked at the ? I have used this calculator as well and liked the way it allowed you to input pension contributions (though I would prefer a fixed amount calc) and change your salary mid way through the year. It is also very useful the way it details out when your PRSI contributions drop once you reach the ceiling.

Anyway, thanks again

Mel said:
Karl,
unless I'm using it incorrectly, I don't think the calculator allows to enter the single parent family tax credit.

Cheers,
Mel

Mel, no it doesn't, so I'll add it to the survey list, thanks. k

golden mean said:
I have been looking for a calculator that easily shows the comparative situation relating to the take home pay for various options of parttime work (not just fixed eg four day week types, but parental leave, term time, etc).

Of course I can just change the gross income figure on the current model for each scenario but is there any way this could be made easier? (eg for the calculator to remember the full gross pay and include an automatic calculator for minus 5% time, minus 10% time, as well as adding some feature to highlight at what point you would cross tax thresholds?)

Just a thought.

Or is what you want for the calculator to show when the treshold occurs given your details?

That is part of it alright. It would be nice to see whether extra hours I work benefit the taxman more than myself....

Back