Tax Calculator 2005/2006/2007/2008

CorkHombre

Hi there just wondering .... if there is a tax calculator for the years 2005/2006/2007/2008, in this time I have been married and had kids but have never checked my p60 to see if my change in circumstances have been taken into account . I presume with a Tax Calculator you put in all your details and then check to see if it is the same as the P60 if it comes out less then you can claim for a refund .... if it comes out as more then .......! . Is it true that you can only claim up to 4 years ago?.Am I better trying to figure this out myself or use a service like www.taxback.com

You could try the free Java calculator at www.taxcalc.eu which Karl Grabe created- it's generally pretty accurate but the usual 'buyer beware' precautions apply.

You can claim back a maximum of 6 years.

You can either do it yourself if you feel comfortable or get an accountant or agency to do it for you but be warned they do charge a fee.

You can only claim back up to 4 years of tax - in 2009, you can reclaim for 2008, 2007, 2006 and 2005.

Is there any good site that gives good pointers on what I can claim back and how I can go about it .... I assume that I need to claim for 2005 before Oct 2009 ... is that correct? .... I might aswell get as much back off the tax man as I can because I will be giving it all back to him in the next budget

Back