Tax benefits of one salary household

Voodoo

Hi there,

I want to try and understand what I need to do if my wife leaves employment and we live off my salary. I think that we are jointly assessed under her name, so that would obviously mean that this will change. We also put the tax breaks for the mortgage in her name also. what do I need to do in order to ensure that the tax man knows about these changes and that my salary benefites from these?

Voodoo said:
Hi there,

I want to try and understand what I need to do if my wife leaves employment and we live off my salary. I think that we are jointly assessed under her name, so that would obviously mean that this will change. We also put the tax breaks for the mortgage in her name also. what do I need to do in order to ensure that the tax man knows about these changes and that my salary benefites from these?

Call Revenue at 1890 333425 (Dublin). If you're outside Dublin call this number anyway and they'll let you know where you need to call. Tell them you want to get your wifes tax credits and cut-off transferred to your employment.

There's no need to change mortgage as it's not dependent on whether you work or not.

Back