Taking things from Recycling Centres

joanmul

I read someplace -not sure where - of someone who went to the Ringsend recycling centre and got a few bits and pieces like table lamps (that worked perfectly) for himself. Has anyone on AAM done this? How can one go about doing this - do the powers that be there turn a blind eye or does permission have to be granted. Also is it possible to do this in Ballyogan. I'm thinking of things for the garden mostly. Have kept an eye on skips to no avail.

In the centre in Coolmine (Dublin 15) they have a sign up at the entrance saying that anyone taking anything from the centre will be prosecuted for stealing.

Don't know if it is enforced or not.

Is that sign at Coolmine new, as I've never noticed it.

There are always some people hanging around the electrics & general junk looking for bits & pieces.

Anything I bring is beyond normal use, but you do see some perfect good stuff beinging scrapped.

There was a couple there one day scrapping a perfectly good table & chairs, someone came over and asked was there anything wrong with it & they said no, they had just got a new one & didn't have the time to try & sell it. The guy loaded it into his van & off he went.

My sister broke her microwave plate & managed to find a replacement up there

The etiquette at the one at Ballymount seems to be if something is in good condition people dont fling it down into the skips - instead its left to one side. Ive seen mirrors and small furniture items left to one side and people browsing them.

Its a wonder its not more encouraged - saves the council on recycling costs if people come and take some of the stuff away.

scrapping a perfectly good table & chairs, someone came over and asked was there anything wrong with it & they said no, they had just got a new one & didn't have the time to try & sell it.

Oh those were the days !! The Celtic Tiger is dead and buried, Bet the same people are back up there looking foir the old one back.

Mercman,

If you think thats bad, my sisters neighbour used to refit her kitchen every 2 years !!! EVERYTHING

Carpets, sofas etc barely got a chance to get settled in their house & she's be out buying a new one.

I should have hung around her skip!!!

sam, she needs an ambulance outside her house, not a skip. God help her husband, but I see a problem.

Why do you assume she has a husband?? Do you think no lady is capable of buying a kitchen unless she has a husband. Maybe she works and can pay for it herself and is spending her money as she sees fit.

Why do you assume she has a husband?? Do you think no lady is capable of buying a kitchen unless she has a husband. Maybe she works and can pay for it herself and is spending her money as she sees fit.

Dear oh dear oh dear.......

Tut tut Mercman:D

Hilarious and pitiful really.

I wasn't commenting on the marital status of the person concerned. Figure of speech so to speak. You are 100 % correct. Let the person concerned waste as much as she likes - its not my money. Somebody could advise her to share it around so to speak.

I got a basket for my sister's dishwasher in my local centre. I also have a friend who is big into her garden and she has collected a range of flower containers from the same centre.

I got a basket for my sister's dishwasher in my local centre. I also have a friend who is big into her garden and she has collected a range of flower containers from the same centre.

Hi Megan - Where is your local centre. Sounds just the place I want.

Back