Taking the next step... investment money... where and how??

S

Staffie

Hello all,

A few months back I set up a recruitment website. It's now quite popular, being used by a lot of companies (including the large multinationals in Ireland), and attracting a lot of negative attention from my competitors :)

My long term plan for the website will work. I know the industry inside out, and in particular, I know the difference between websites that work and websites that don't.

Anyway... I need some investment cash to bring things to the next level. I don't know where to start regarding this. I don't want to use the banks. I want some kind of VC investment or a wealthy backer who can provide his sales/management experience.

How does one go about meeting these people? I don't know where to start.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

PS I don't know if I am allowed mention the website. If I am, I will post it.

Staffie said:
PS I don't know if I am allowed mention the website. If I am, I will post it.

I don't think you are allowed to mention it... but it does'nt take a Sherlock Holmes to decipher your username! ;)

As far as I read and hear, getting VC in Ireland is extremely difficult; but i'm no expert.

Thanks for your reply :)

Even if it's not VC... how does one get in touch with people who want to invest in new companies? Are there meetings or websites or magazines or anything where I can get in touch with these people?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the links.

Enterprise Ireland - I've tried them already. Totally useless. They are only interested in established companies or companies who will be exporting. They referred me to my local county council who then informed me that they have no money (unless I'm opening a creche!)

Basis - Looks good! Will have a read.

Back