Taking on the PRTB

mangos

Hi

Anyone out there made a recent application to the PRTB to resolve an issue-tenant or landlord?

If so would you be interested in contacting me?

I am beginning to research how long such cases take and would like to follow one from start to finish and keep the politicians informed?

Mangos

Hi, posted dispute march this year. Got reply start of April that PRTB had received it,and it would take minimum 20 weeks. Nothing heard since. Getting concerned now as tenants could be anywhere. Owed 2 months rent and house destroyed before they took off.
J.

Has anyone had a successful outcome to PRTB dispute and received outstanding rent?
J.

I have had 3 cases before the PRTB.

2 for landlords trying to get rid of non (or part) paying tenants who were destroying the property.

both took approximately a year to get resolved before the PRTB, one has gone to the High Court and Supreme Court (lay litgant) while the PRTB are now taking criminal proceedings as the tenant has failed to comply with the determination in the other.

It must be close to 18 months now since both entered the PRTB process.

I acted for a landlord who changed the locks on a tenant, it was before the PRTB within weeks although the determination took a few months to come out.

I sent off an application in July 07. Had a hearing mid April this year, the result of the hearing was sent out around mid June and i've been waiting since then for the detremination order to arrive...PRTB tell me everytime i ring that the board are in the process of issuing it but still waiting....

Hi Shola

As far as I am know and I stand to be corrected on this but the PRTB are obliged in the act to issue the determination 14 days after the hearing.

Mangos

HI, Mangos

do you think it will make any difference if landlords organized a lobby group and tried to influence the current process?
I'm sure there is a lot of unhappy landlords.

If you are working multinational companies, try to contact your HR to see if there is any Employee Assistance program (EAP) in place to help employees with their legal issues. EAP is free for employees and i guess it will be faster than PRTB....

HI, Mangos

do you think it will make any difference if landlords organized a lobby group and tried to influence the current process?
I'm sure there is a lot of unhappy landlords.
Isn't that what the IPOA is for?

Back