Taking in charge: Private Estate.

Armada

Hi Folks,

Are their any disadvantages to a private residential estate been taken in charge by the council?There is a management company in place.

Management company will not be responsible for maintenance of roads in the estate ! (I always thought there was a rush to get estates taken in charge but that Co Cos would be reluctant to do, releasing the builder-bond received.)

I was at a meeting last night where both management company(for obvious reasons) and some owners were against applying for the estate to be taken in charge, citing that the council in the future could build on the green areas. I understand this to be totally untrue, perhaps I am wrong.The bond has already been released, I believe. IMHO "taking in charge status" should be applied for immediately to reduce liabilty and the costs associated with the Management Company. The estate is fully finished since 2007.

Most local authorities have procedures in place for taking-in-charge. If you google the term you will get results from most LAs. Their policies can be different e.g. some LAs will not take the green areas in charge. I can't see any disadvantage in the estate being taken in charge.

Back