Take a career break to go bankrupt?

Hi
I was also wondering the same thing ,, is it possible for my husband to take a years leave from his public service job to go bankrupt in UK or does he have to quit job fully??? .

You'd be well advised to hire an expert to bring you through the procedure. Your husband should find out if there are any repercussions to his employment status if he becomes bankrupt.

You'd be well advised to hire an expert to bring you through the procedure. Your husband should find out if there are any repercussions to his employment status if he becomes bankrupt.

I noticed today the HSE were offering 3 year career breaks and paying £12,000 a year. That offer would fund a move to the UK for the bankruptcy process.
It has real go ahead potential for anyone considering such a move

Steve Thatcher
www.helpwithdebtuk.com

Hi Steve,

Does the OR in UK have to be informed that one is on a career break from a job in Ireland when going through the bankruptcy application or can you choose not to say anything about it ? Also, does this make establishing ones COMI somewhat unbelieveable to a judge in the UK if they knew you are returning to a job in Ireland in the future?
If the bank in Ireland also had this information (that you on a career break to go bankrupt in UK ) could they stop the bankruptcy application in UK.

Thanks for all your great advice

Hi Steve,

Does the OR in UK have to be informed that one is on a career break from a job in Ireland when going through the bankruptcy application or can you choose not to say anything about it ? Also, does this make establishing ones COMI somewhat unbelieveable to a judge in the UK if they knew you are returning to a job in Ireland in the future?
If the bank in Ireland also had this information (that you on a career break to go bankrupt in UK ) could they stop the bankruptcy application in UK.

Thanks for all your great advice

It does ask on the form if you are unemployed what you last did for a job, you do not have to say you are on a break according to the figures.
So take a break come to the UK, get a job of any description and yoru career break never comes up in conversation at all

Steve Thatcher
www.helpwithdebtuk.com

Living in the Middle East currently; Looking to go Bankrupt in Ireland;

Myself, my wife and our children currently live in the Middle East (for the past 18 months). My wife is insolvent after two investment properties were repossessed in Ireland. She cannot partake in the Insolvency Process as she is currently not earning any income (I am currently the sole earner)

Can she apply for Bankruptcy in Ireland?; Although she lives predominantly in the Middle East she is back to Ireland three times a year; Her only Bank account is in Ireland; Her only debts are in Ireland; the family home (in my name only) is not rented and signifies "Home" for the family.

Will she satisfy the COMI criteria and be accepted for bankruptcy in Ireland?

Back