Tablets: Paying €85/mth, online €30/mth & according IMT €41/mth.

No - from retailer link below :

We hav'nt done research yet though and will probably have to add on duty , vat and shipping charges , so it may well cost close to €85 euro at the end of the day .

[broken link removed]

I recently dealt with these, they give out three months medication at a time and charge $50 for delivery. They asked for the perscription and money order up front and I saved myself a small fortune. In future I intend to send all my perscriptions to Canada.

Did you have to post the prescription, or did they accept a scanned copy?

Did the $50 charge not eliminate much of the savings?

Thanks for your input protocol. - Today we paid €77 for 28 in another pharmacy 20 miles away from our local pharmacy.

I suppose if you take a figure of €44.00 and add the mark-up of 20 % plus dispenser fee €6.00 and then add 21% VAT , it would take the cost of these tablets at shop counter to close to €75.00

VAT is charged on prescription drugs at 0% for oral and 21% for other drugs

The dispensing fee is 5.00 max.

If there isn't VAT, how can we explain the 77 price??

I hope it's not:

44 * 1.50 (old 50% DPS margin) = 66 + 5 fee = 71?????

These tablets are seemingly a fraction of the price in Northern Ireland but whats the situation when you have a repeat prescription can you actually get 6 boxes at a time or can a chemist just give one box per month out?

These tablets are seemingly a fraction of the price in Northern Ireland but whats the situation when you have a repeat prescription can you actually get 6 boxes at a time or can a chemist just give one box per month out?

Well certainly in my local chemist you can fill the repeat all at once - I always do so as to avoid 6 dispensary fees.

Well certainly in my local chemist you can fill the repeat all at once - I always do so as to avoid 6 dispensary fees.
It depends, the drug payment scheme has meant for me in the past I could only fill 1 each month as otherwise I'd effectively get 5 months free since if I got all 6 months in the same calendar month I'd hit the DPS limit after the 1st one (hope I explained that correctly...)

It depends, the drug payment scheme has meant for me in the past I could only fill 1 each month as otherwise I'd effectively get 5 months free since if I got all 6 months in the same calendar month I'd hit the DPS limit after the 1st one (hope I explained that correctly...)

This is true. If the cost is over the DPS monthly max, they will only dispense one months medication each month.

Also, there are some drugs that are only allowed by dispensed one month at a time, because of the risk of overdose.

Ah I get you - sorry, I hadnt thought of that actually. But presumably if you were going up North you wouldnt be using the DPS scheme?

Back