Table Top Protector

L

Lazylady

Does anyone know where I can buy that stuff to protect your table top? To explain better, it's a waterproof surface with a felt backing and I think you buy it off the role. Anyone know where I can get it?

There is another much thicker material (dont know what it is called) brown in colour which you then cover with your table cloth. I would like to source this but dont know where either.

Roches Stores - they do a clear version (no felt backing) and patterned - sold by the metre

Lazylady said:
Does anyone know where I can buy that stuff to protect your table top? To explain better, it's a waterproof surface with a felt backing and I think you buy it off the role. Anyone know where I can get it?

I got that stuff years ago - I'm not sure but I think I got it in a shop in Bray that does the oilcloths as well, and other things for the house. I might be wrong - I can't even remember the name but it is on the road where you turn left at the traffic lights in the middle of Bray, going away from Dublin (after the Royal Hotel). The shop is on the left side - at least - it used to be.

Your other option would be to go into a good furniture shop and ask them where you can get table protector cloth. Oil or any cloth with no felt backing would be no use.

stock it.

I also bought a different version in Clerys many moons ago but it was not waterproof so not as good.

Would you bloomin' believe it, Argos come up trumps again. I'm not sure it will fit the table though as it's pretty long. May well also explore the other avenues suggested too - thanks everyone!

*sculks off to find tape measure...*

I have an older version which I bought in Argos also and IMHO its quite easy to cut to size.

Just an update that I went with the 'oil skin' type which I got from Hickeys - not quite what I was after as it isn't wipe clean, but I beleive it is water resistant so it should do the job. Unfortnately the Argos one was too small for my table.

Back