Synch Google maps with Mondeo Sync3 system

Slim

Does anyone know how l can get gmaps on my phone to synch with the car's system? It's a 191 Ford Mondeo. I was assured by the dealer it is possible. I have already synched the phone via Android Auto. I will be returning to the dealership at 10k km but would like to sort it sooner.

Thanks in advance.

Slim

I have already synched the phone via Android Auto.

Do you mean you have connected your phone to the car and everything other than Google Maps comes up?? That would be pretty weird as it's all one integrated app. For instance, in a Skoda I am seeing exactly the same as you see on the screen in this video on the Ford Sync system. What exactly are you seeing?

Thanks mathepac for that very relevant link.

@dub_nerd: I have the phone only synched. Dealer did it for me. When I follow the steps outlined in the video, I got the agreement and so on, but nothing after that. I think it is that my phone will not co-operate although it works for calls and texts with car screen etc. I will try the wife's phone to see if it works. Failing that, dealer may help.

Thanks all.

What phone are you using? You could try turning your phone off and then on. Disable Bluetooth (on both the car and phone) and re-enable and try and connect. Another alternative would be to factory reset the multimedia system and start again. The only thing you lose is the radio presets and the phone pairing.

I'm going to ask two simple and probably stupid questions
1. Does the head unit actually have the Android Auto software
2. Have you connected the phone to the head unit with a charge/data cable

What phone are you using? You could try turning your phone off and then on. Disable Bluetooth (on both the car and phone) and re-enable and try and connect. Another alternative would be to factory reset the multimedia system and start again. The only thing you lose is the radio presets and the phone pairing.
It's a Samsung GalaxyS4. I will try that tomorrow, thanks.

I'm going to ask two simple and probably stupid questions
1. Does the head unit actually have the Android Auto software
2. Have you connected the phone to the head unit with a charge/data cable
Yes to both questions.

Update: I connected again using the USB cable and followed the Android Auto instructions again and, surprise, it worked. I now have maps and phone on the main screen.

Thanks to all who contributed here!

Back