SWORDS estates please help!!

H

hilary

Hi

We are first time buyers looking to buy in Swords. Please can you advise on the following estates where we have seen property we are very interested on daft. Our budget will not exceed 330k.

- Carlton Court
-Glen Ellen
-Cian Lea
-Broad meadows
-Bunbury gate/sanford woods

This will be our home for life and we are getting married in december.We both work in town so we need to be near a good bus route.Also down the line we plan to have children so we need to be near a good school too. Which of the above estates would be the most appealing in terms of owner occupied homes,cleanliness and quiteness as some of the Swords estates leave alot to be desired to say the least!!! Thank you.

Hi

We are first time buyers looking to buy in Swords. Please can you advise on the following estates where we have seen property we are very interested on daft. Our budget will not exceed 330k.

- Carlton Court
-Glen Ellen
-Cian Lea
-Broad meadows

This will be our home for life and we are getting married in december.We both work in town so we need to be near a good bus route.Also down the line we plan to have children so we need to be near a good school too. Which of the above estates would be the most appealing in terms of owner occupied
homes,cleanliness and quiteness as some of
the Swords estates leave alot to be desired
to say the least!!! Thank you.

Broadmeadows would be one of swords so called original estates so it is more mature than the others with a lot of families who have been there for years so that would get my choice. Houses are actually made of concrete as well unlike new builds! Also near bus stops and supermarket. Carton court is also a nice established estate.

Swords estates

We bought in swords about 4 years ago, and looked around a good number before buying. Of the estates you mentioned personally I wouldn't buy in Cian Lea for a new estate it doesn't seem as well kept as say Glen Ellen, Bunbury gate/Sanford Woods. The only issue we found with these estates is that the houses and back yards were very small compared to the older estates like Broadmeadows. We eventually bought in Elmwood, which again is an older estate. The only disadvantage with the older estates is that depending on the house you may have to upgrade. We had to put in new double glazed windows (original single glazed) and also upgraded the insulation to the walls as they were only a single leaf hollow block. Good Luck

"We both work in town so we need to be near a good bus route."

If you both work in town, would you not consider something nearer or on a more established form of transport? My wife currently commutes by bus and it's dreadful - forever late or buses simply driving by.

Hi

- Carlton Court
-Glen Ellen
-Cian Lea
-Broad meadows

This will be our home for life and we are getting married in december.We both work in town so we need to be near a good bus route.Also down the line we plan to have children so we need to be near a good school too. Which of the above estates would be the most appealing in terms of owner occupied homes,cleanliness and quiteness as some of the Swords estates leave alot to be desired to say the least!!! Thank you.

If you want somewhere near to town you could easily buy somewhere for your money a lot nearer for example, santry, whitehall or beaumont. All well serviced areas

You can certainly buy a house in Beaumont for less than €330k. Better area than Swords (live near Swords, grew up in Beaumont) and if I worked in town would consider there first. Otherwise rent for a year and you will definitely be able to buy for the same money in Malahide or Portmarnock

i agree with the commuting problem. my friend had a great house in swords but sold it as both her and her husband grew to hate the commute into town.

What commuting problem is this?
I guess they don't get my bus from Swords. Leaves the estate at 7:50, down the port tunnel and I'm in the city centre by 8:15. Gotta love the 41X.

In fairness, it's taken years to get this service. At one stage when the tunnel was being built it was taking almost 1 1/2 to get to the city centre.
Then we had the crazy situation where Dublin bus couldn't use the port tunnel but that's behind us now. Two express buses leaving within 15 minutes of each other is as good a service as you're going to get.

Back